I, Christy, complained a bit about the food when I first came to Nigeria from Cameroon. It all seemed to have a similar flavor. Honestly, I never thought I'd get so excited about sakwara (pounded yam) and "soup" (sauce that you scoop or dip your yam into). Surprises of surprises, I about wanted to hug the cook upon my first yummy bite. (No, it's not because of baby Yoder.) I actually missed Nigerian cuisine. My husband never agreed with my evaluation of the food, so he always looks like this when he eats sakwara...it's his favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YouVersion
My favorite Bible app simply is called “Bible” on my home screen. You can search for it by the name YouVersion . I’ve been using the app for...
-
"I love my life to count And to know I've made an impact somehow But Lord, I want you more And I want to work and achieve To enjoy ...
-
I gripped my chair on the front row of the event hall while Adam and Eve reveled in the glory of God and then hid from his thunderous steps....
-
One great reason to set my phone aside is all the possible distractions it can bring. Sometimes I think, “let me just handle this urgent re...
-
Have you ever stopped to wonder if everyone in the room actually understands what is being said? In multilingual countries like Nigeria, we ...

Nice to see you are advertising for MSOE globally! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat shirt, great school! Can't wait for my next visit.
Delete