Thursday, February 5, 2015

Refreshing

It has been a while since I read Peter's first letter to the churches (aka 1 Peter).  I had forgotten how refreshing I find this letter.  Somehow, after reading it so many times I could almost recite it, I began to think I didn't need to read (or say) it anymore.  Check. Done.  Move on.  Yet, coming back to this letter I find that again it fills me with hope, and sets my heart and my eyes on eternal treasures.

Thank you, God, for our brother, Peter, and how you changed his life, and how now through his letter, you change ours.

  
This is just what I was hoping for in Paris.  A day to sit and just be to thank God for so many good things he has done in this past year (see previous posts) and to look forward to what he will be doing as we return to Nigeria.  Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...