Monday, August 17, 2026

Dancing the Word




I gripped my chair on the front row of the event hall while Adam and Eve reveled in the glory of God and then hid from his thunderous steps.  When the Red Sea parted, I wanted to gather myself up and join them in their victory.  The experience of dancing the Word with the 35 dancers and actors that choreographed the 40 minute drama/musical and acted the life-changing story of the Gospel from Genesis to Jesus awakened a fervor to go and share and be part of the continuing story of Jesus calling humanity to back to Eden.  We are invited back to sweet fellowship and walking with our Creator! 

 


 This group of young people are not only gifted dancers, they invited me into there community and welcomed discipleship with humility and joy. "I have always wanted to follow Jesus," one of them shared, "but I have not known how until now."  Nigeria has a history of rich faith and spirituality.  Yet many artists are wondering what following Jesus looks like for them and not are not finding  a platform to minister in the gifting that pulsate with the rhythms around them.  This unique opportunity to savor the sweetness of Jesus together, get away from the city, sit with Him, and embody the Word was transformative for us all. 

 Please pray for these treasured souls as they discover what it looks like to follow Jesus in his Way while still making their way as artists.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dancing the Word

I gripped my chair on the front row of the event hall while Adam and Eve reveled in the glory of God and then hid from his thunderous steps....