Monday, October 14, 2013

Home

We are pilgrims. We long to be stripped of this “mortality so we can be clothed immortal.” We sense our fragility in every challenge we are given on this earth. We are a mist, a “flower quickly fading.” In my life I have often longed to go home to be with Jesus. Not a morbid, desperate plea, but a longing to see Him face to face, and sense that the wandering was over. I still long to see Jesus, but my call to stay here for now seems greater than it has ever before. I feel called to my husband. He is my new home here on this earth. He is the spiritual authority I see Jesus in daily. I still feel fragile, but Zach helps me to allow God to show himself strong in my weakness. He is strong when I can’t be. I started writing this to ask you to pray for us as we head “home” to the US in December for a year. As I considered that word “home” I realized that we are home. At rest in God’s timing, home with each other. Our house has become a place where this idea of “home”, belonging, refreshing, dreaming, and ministering happens. We want others to stay in our house in Nigeria while we are gone, keeping our things there so we have a place to return to. We also want to find a house that can become this for us in Dallas. Please do pray with us, that we will continue to feel at “home” and continue to build “home” wherever we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...