Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Orange Hat

Trip one.





Unloading





Opening Day!



The Orange Hat, a library and resource center for families in our area is officially open!  This is a dream come true!  The prayers at the opening reminded me that when you invest in the life of a child, it's an eternal investment. The name comes from two books that my partner in crime, Mary Jane, and I love, A Hat for Ivan and The Orange Splot.  In a Hat for Ivan, Ivan is asked by his father, the hatmaker, "What do you really love to do?"  and in The Orange Splot, Mr. Plumbean says, "My house is me, and I am it.  My house is where I like to be and it looks like all my dreams." May the Orange Hat be a place where:

1. Children discover what they love and are good at
2. They come to know how build their "house" on Christ so that it looks beautiful like their dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...