Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Samson


Once again, the great joy of giving someone Scripture in their mother tongue put praise in my heart.

Samson
He waited for 2 hours while we discussed final issues at the end of the first three days of training, and then as I found the cord I needed to transfer the Scriptures to him.  That didn’t work, so we tried two other things before finally, the Xender app had it moving from my phone to his. 
When finally it was downloaded onto his phone, I said, “Let’s just listen to make sure it’s there.”  This is really just to give me the pleasure of seeing the face of the one to whom God’s word comes in his heart language. This time was no exception.  The first words, “Oh my God.”  He said in reverent amazement. “This is wonderful. I’m so happy to have this,” dancing in his chair, his feet jumping on the ground.

Praise God for the joy of sharing his Scripture.  Praise him for how powerfully and effectively His Word works in each of us who has the immense privilege of hearing it in our heart language and understanding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...