Monday, June 8, 2015

I Didn't Know to Ask

As Zach's sickness has carried on, caring for him has become my primary concern, with other things falling by the wayside...like doing the dishes, for example.  On Sunday all my dishes were dirty. I was totally worn out, but knew we would be having visitors, which comes with some expectations.  I didn't ask God for help, I just felt I had to deal with what he was giving me in this season.

God showed me he heard my unspoken exhausted plea for help.

1. Two other missionary sisters came buy with pills that we needed but couldn't buy because it was Sunday, and the pharmacies were closed.

2.  A guy who sells chicken, brought 3 chickens to the house on Saturday for me to buy, which means I could make chicken soup for dinner!   I cut everything up during the movie.

3. 5 little girls came and enjoyed the movie with us, but asked if they could help me to cut the veggies.  I told them "no" but they could help with the dishes.  When the movie was done, I gave them the dishes, one arm load at a time, and they bustled them outside.  When I walked outside, this is what I saw:

But what I heard was even more beautiful.  These little girls spontaneously started singing the Scripture songs they have been writing and singing at our house.  The first says, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do, good works which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10.  They had such joy as they sang, and filled our home with that joy, reminding us that God is speaking (singing) his word into the hearts of these little ones, and he is indeed using them to do good works...which on Sunday, included doing our dishes and washing us in God's grace.

4.  I finished the soup while they washed the dishes and other friends and colleagues came to visit.

5. When the children and guests left, Zach and I then peacefully sit and worship God because all the work was done!  I was feeling frazzled, but Zach continued to ask me if we could worship.  I knew I needed this, but wouldn't have brought myself to do it.

5. As we sat outside, a family came to greet Zach and pray for him.  While I got us all chicken soup and fried plantains, they sang songs, and played meaningful songs off their phones to encourage Zach's heart. 

6. We then called my sister, Sarah, who always encourages us and reminds us of how much we are loved. 

I didn't know to ask God for these many blessings carried by peoples in their hearts to pour out on us. 

Today is Monday, and Zach hasn't had a fever all day!  Praise God! Please continue praying with us for complete recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...