Sunday, January 6, 2013
The Lion and The Worm
We wandered through our neighborhood to the homes of children who visit our house regularly. We were inviting them to join Christy and the children of the Lutheran church to participate in a Christmas program. The parents were happy to have their children join us for the 3 practices and performance on Christmas Eve.
Christy wrote a short skit about a boy who doesn’t understand why Christmas is so important, and a girl tells him a story about a Lion who becomes a worm just to tell the worms how much their ruler loves them. The children memorized all of their lines, and sang the incorporated songs with gusto! The sheep “baad loudly” the soloists sang their verses off key very confidently, and the lion wore his wig mane with pride. Christy was so proud of them, and the pastor liked it so much he invited them to come on Christmas morning and do it again! Praise God, Jesus became nothing for us, and praise God for children who proclaimed His goodness so enthusiastically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YouVersion
My favorite Bible app simply is called “Bible” on my home screen. You can search for it by the name YouVersion . I’ve been using the app for...
-
"I love my life to count And to know I've made an impact somehow But Lord, I want you more And I want to work and achieve To enjoy ...
-
I gripped my chair on the front row of the event hall while Adam and Eve reveled in the glory of God and then hid from his thunderous steps....
-
One great reason to set my phone aside is all the possible distractions it can bring. Sometimes I think, “let me just handle this urgent re...
-
I love Bible apps! I have heard a lot of compelling sermons and read convincing reasons to set my phone aside each morning and go back to t...
No comments:
Post a Comment