Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christy in Cameroon

When I, Christy, found myself back home in Cameroon, I was pleasantly surprised to realize that my home has shifted from a place to a person! I missed my husband so much, I returned 4 days earlier than anticipated! My time in Cameroon, however, was a rich time of reconnecting with “family” that are part of how God molded me during my time in Cameroon. I saw my Gado family who I lived with, and witnessed as the maid of honor, the marriage of my sister Bintou to Rob Peterson. I held and laughed with sweet MK’s that I hold so close to my heart everywhere I go. I visited with and ensured mission “mothers” that I was happily married and that my husband was taking good care of me. I cried, shared deeply, and rejoiced with single (and married) lady friends. Most of all, I remembered and treasured the memories of my past with these dear people, and built something to go into the future with. What a blessing. I returned by road, crossing the Nigeria/Cameroon border quite easily only to find my husband being detained by immigration while his passport was brought from a town 2 hours away. What a mixed reunion it was, but it was certainly a “coming home” and for that I am so very thankful.
Above: My sisters: Etie and Bintou To the right: The Groves!
My Sweet friend Lillian who hosted me the Friday I arrived in Bamenda! Even more to talk about now that we're BOTH married.
Two of these three girls were part of my first class of students at the Jackson's back in July 2007. They have become beautiful young women.
Below: Wow, the boys are growing up! I had these guys when they were in 2nd grade! Now they're in 5th!
Postponed traveling to the NorthWest for a day, and had the joy of seeing Pastor Erve randomly (or not so much), and a good friend, Jean Paul! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...