Sometimes while we drive on slick American highways, I look at my
speedometer and see that I am going way over the speed limit! How does that happen? Do I have a need for speed? Despite my years as a sprinter, I don’t think so. I think that it is a reflection of how the
rest of my life gets going so fast. I go
with the flow of the traffic around me! I start out at a normal speed, but as I get drive along, focusing on the road, cozying myself down for a long drive, I start to move with the
business around me, the cars that are going to fast, or the opportunities that
are just a little too out of reach. I
find that I don’t realize that I’m speeding along,
dragging my precious family along, out of breath, until I’m just too far past the limit. I need prayer on this, and am hoping that
this furlough, I can start noticing myself zooming along before I'm way over my emotional speed limit.
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YouVersion
My favorite Bible app simply is called “Bible” on my home screen. You can search for it by the name YouVersion . I’ve been using the app for...
-
"I love my life to count And to know I've made an impact somehow But Lord, I want you more And I want to work and achieve To enjoy ...
-
I gripped my chair on the front row of the event hall while Adam and Eve reveled in the glory of God and then hid from his thunderous steps....
-
One great reason to set my phone aside is all the possible distractions it can bring. Sometimes I think, “let me just handle this urgent re...
-
Have you ever stopped to wonder if everyone in the room actually understands what is being said? In multilingual countries like Nigeria, we ...
No comments:
Post a Comment