Saturday, July 25, 2015

No Way to Pay!


Mariama cries, and I run to her.  She’s hungry, I feed her with joy.  She moves her arm and legs involuntarily waking herself up and I watch her with delight.  She doesn’t have to do anything except to be mine.  My little girl is everything I need her to be because I expect nothing from her except to remain with me and let me take care of her.  What a simple way for God to show me how he wants his little girl, Christy, to be.  Just his, totally dependent on him.  I can’t do anything to earn or deserve or pay back his care for me.  I am as helpless as Mariama is to say to my Father “Here, let me repay you for all the joy I receive through  my family!  Let me give back to you the equivalent of the sense of purpose I feel in my work!  This abundant life you’ve given and the security of salvation in Christ Jesus…I’m working on a suitable appreciation gift.” 
Thank you, Mariama for this lesson you’re teaching me, and thank you God, for loving me so lavishly knowing I can NEVER repay what you’ve done for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...