Monday, February 3, 2020

Something Big is About to Happen

When we were packing up our house in Nigeria, my mother was telling me of how ladies from the church in Michigan were making a herculean effort preparing our house for our return.  On the day I was giving away food in Nigeria, feeling badly that I had bought food and not used it, wondering if I should sell or give, I found out that my refrigerator and cupboards in America had been stocked.  This fostered generosity in me, and I joyfully gave.  I was feeling so blessed and loved by God as his body reached out to care for us before our arrival.
At that time, Kirstin, Zach's sister said, "Makes you feel like something big is about to happen, doesn't it?"  I agreed with her, feeling some uncertainty in the prospect that God may be sending us down a rough road in the future, but preparing our hearts with his tender love so we could remember his faithfulness when it wasn't so clearly seen.


Auntie Kirsti with Mariama

Our family table before we returned to the United States

We didn't know what was "about to happen", but this season may be part of the challenge God was preparing us for with his love.  Acacia and Olivia are little, but their arrival 2 months early is "something big" that has happened.  I'm so thankful that God doesn't send us into stormy weather without a knowledge of his presence and steadfastness that will sustain us when the waves threaten our little boat.

Please continue to pray for Olivia and Acacia's growth.  In spending lots of time with them, I have had the joy of seeing them start to drink on their own without a tube, hold their own temperatures, gain weight over 5 pounds, and fix their eyes on me.  Before they go home, they have to do all their feedings by mouth and have no alarms for five days.
Please pray for Mariama and Lydia as they are far away from mommy (they are in Michigan with Zach).  They are going through lots of transitions too.
Please pray for Zach as he is far from his two babies and daddying the older two.  Pray he will find a time to rest.



Saying good morning to mommy on watsapp

Mariama in her mud kitchen at school!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...