Monday, November 12, 2018

Training to Tell the Story

Weary, they arrived in the keke as the setting African sun...
I listened to the Nigerian missionary from a different organization sharing in front of our church.  I saw the people around me, eyes glazed over, as the man presenting shared numbers and statistics about how many national missionaries there are and how they don’t have their basic needs met. I happen to know that God is doing great things through this organization, and I hungered to hear these stories, but alas, I’m still waiting!  Zach and I shared our sadness of this missed opportunity to shine God’s glory and faithfulness, and through telling the stories of the missionaries. 


Many months later, we were retreating, and sat for many meals at the same table with a couple without knowing them or even sharing our names.  Finally, on our last meal, I asked them what mission they were with, and he’s the director of this organization that was sharing that Sunday.  I mentioned to him our experience that day, and we exchanged contact information.
This picture has a story! A trail, followed from a village by...


Two weeks ago, I got a phone call, and it was the director, inviting me to share this coming Tuesday to all his field managers, about 30 people, of how to better share their stories. 

Please pray for me as I do a short training on how to share impact stories that give God glory, and that encourage his body to be part of what He’s doing.  Pray that they would be interested in gathering in the future to share their stories in preparations for future church visits, vision casting, and partnership in the Nigerian church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...