Friday, June 21, 2013
11 Hours!
We started in Mary’s small “saloon” and finished at our house at 1:30am. But I have braided hair, and THAT WAS THE GOAL! The best thing about sitting for that long, is the amazing view into the life of a single African women that I am privileged to hear and experience! Different men calling her on the phone, friends passing by telling her things about her that they shouldn’t even know, stories about landlords, memories of her childhood, and theories on faith. So, besides the numbness of the rear end and the crick in my neck, it was really fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YouVersion
My favorite Bible app simply is called “Bible” on my home screen. You can search for it by the name YouVersion . I’ve been using the app for...
-
"I love my life to count And to know I've made an impact somehow But Lord, I want you more And I want to work and achieve To enjoy ...
-
I gripped my chair on the front row of the event hall while Adam and Eve reveled in the glory of God and then hid from his thunderous steps....
-
One great reason to set my phone aside is all the possible distractions it can bring. Sometimes I think, “let me just handle this urgent re...
-
Have you ever stopped to wonder if everyone in the room actually understands what is being said? In multilingual countries like Nigeria, we ...
No comments:
Post a Comment