Friday, June 21, 2013

FRIENDS

I (Christy) never really understood how newly wed couples could disappear out of my single friend group and into another into a different world. I didn’t understand until…I moved to a new country, as a married woman, and longed for other women that understood this whole new identity I was trying to discover! Amanda and her husband Chris have been genuine friends, having moved here (both of them were MK’s in Nigeria) as newly weds at the same time we did last year. I am so thankful for her and for how we can walk together at this time. She is the most African white woman I know making going with her to open markets and running late and having cultural experiences a very refreshing and joyful thing. She also happens to love gardening, love goats, and love cooking food from around the world! (All things I also happen to love.) Praise God! He truly provides for us in every way, and I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...