Sunday, March 10, 2013

Off to the Wildlife Park!

A freeing, uplifting, beautiful experience was granted to me on Saturday, the 12th of January. Nine children and my friend Christy Dixon loaded into the car loaned to us by our friend Marinne and we went to the Wildlife Park. I felt the beauty of my childhood rise in my heart and they squealed over the chimpanzees performance to receive the reward of our bananas, the length of the boa constrictor, and the spiky feel of the elephants trunk. We played on the playground, swinging on swings, climbing the monkey bars, and experiencing the teeter-totter. What a gift this day was, a refreshment for my heart. Before I left the house I said to Zach, "I want to share with them aspects of the faith through the animals, but I don't know what to do!"-Me "How about a lesson about the lion?"-Zach "That Lion is so lame, though, and not a good demonstration of Jesus being the Lion of Judah!"- Me God really proved me wrong as the children started screaming wildly will Thank you, God, for these dear small ones you've given me to disciple and grow with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...