Monday, January 17, 2022

Fighting for Hope

 I have been challenged to remember.  The kind of challenge that confronts a hopelessness that makes shadows stubbornly darken present joys.  Despite the beauty of my world, my children, my marriage, there is a cold settling, making me brittle to gracefully combat difficult situations. 

During our prayer meeting on Friday, I felt God was challenging me to confront my struggling hope with remembering faith. 

My Cameroonian Father, who knew me during a very rich time when God was speaking, moving, transforming me in drastic ways, was present during the prayer meeting. His prayer was for his “little Christy” and it drew me back to that season, where I lingered with God in the quiet place. 

The wife of the chaplain during my college years asked us to pray for college students during the prayer meeting, remembering my generation and how God called so many from Hope College at that time.  She then read from Psalm 77: 

“I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
Yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago
I will meditate on all your works
And consider all your mighty deeds.” 

Another sister, Rudy, we met when we were newly weds in Dallas, spoke the worlds, “Neither the present, nor the future,” coming from Romans 8, “nothing can separate us from the love of God.”  

No one in attendance knew the heart struggle I’ve been having, and the way God ministered to me through them was so tender and gracious of him.  I am going to write a blog series of remembrances. I will go through my story, and remember with you what God has done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...