Monday, March 15, 2021

Mosquito Net Lesson 1

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed." Ecc. 4:9 Auntie Jumai and Auntie Abigail (sisters) really do need each other in succeeding to keep our house tidy!
 

We each grabbed a corner of the net and slowly spread it over the sleeping babies on our king-size bed.  We looked at each other surprised and Zach spoke for both of us, “Wow, that was a lot easier that doing it by myself.” 

I don’t know why we were so surprised, but when two people are as different as most husbands and wives are, sometimes we start thinking that it is just easier if we do tasks by ourselves, reducing the need to communicate expectations or methods.  Not that spreading a mosquito net is that complicated, but I think this applies to other tasks in life too. We forget that even in the communicating how we will accomplish something, we build into each other's lives and feed our hearts in fellowship of working together.

 My prayer I bring from this mosquito net lesson is that I can look for and be open to ways we can serve our family together, and truly make the job easier. I pray that I can give Zach the joy of working alongside me with all of his creativity and fun when he IS home, forgetting myself, bringing joy to everyone...and making the job easier.  


These girls are certainly more effective is causing chaos with the two of them. Mission accomplished!  But they're so cute as they go about their work that we can't hold it against them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...