Friday, March 15, 2019

"I Knew You Were In The Background!"


He stood in line to talk with me, and when he had my attention he animatedly asked, “Can I tell a story that happened to me and then connect it to the Bible story.”  Inwardly I slapped my forehead thinking, Why didn’t I tell them that was ideal!, but outwardly said, “That is a GREAT idea!” Connecting it to Jesus sleeping in the storm, and his disciples shouting out in fear, the inspired seminary student continued to tell me this story:

(Click on the above to hear the story) Story summary: He and his father were at a river.  His father told him not to jump, but he did anyway.  He was "flooded" (carried away by the river), but his father jumped in to rescue him.  His father reprimanded him and he said, I did it because I knew you were there.

Thank you for praying for the storying course at a local Theological school last week.  The students were very enthusiastic, and I believe that the doors of storying impacting hundreds of lives has been flung wide open.
Pray that the students, like the man in this story, will continue to see connections with their lives and those of the Bible and reach out to tell others in culturally relevant ways.

-->

1 comment:

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...