Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Come, Come and See!
Sunday, who was both our interpreter and a participant in the three day audio Bible study workshop, returned from the Bible study practical in the community, bursting with excitement. His story went like this,
"We went to the burukutu house (place where locally made wine is sold), and when the ma selling saw us, she looked upset. We explained we just wanted to share what we were learning, and invited the people drinking to come to a shadier place where we could sit together and talk. We opened up the device and began playing the Gospel of Mark in Nyankpa. The woman selling came and listened. When she heard, she went out to the road where people were passing and said, "Come, come and see!" The people came off the street to hear, and we repeated what we had played from Mark.
We asked them the Bible study questions, and it was a very lively discussion. It was really wonderful."
Pray that the participants and those they start their listening Bible study groups with will, like this burukutu seller, call out on the streets, "Come, come and see!" as they use the Nyankpa Scriptures to bring people out of darkness into the light of Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YouVersion
My favorite Bible app simply is called “Bible” on my home screen. You can search for it by the name YouVersion . I’ve been using the app for...
-
"I love my life to count And to know I've made an impact somehow But Lord, I want you more And I want to work and achieve To enjoy ...
-
I gripped my chair on the front row of the event hall while Adam and Eve reveled in the glory of God and then hid from his thunderous steps....
-
One great reason to set my phone aside is all the possible distractions it can bring. Sometimes I think, “let me just handle this urgent re...
-
Have you ever stopped to wonder if everyone in the room actually understands what is being said? In multilingual countries like Nigeria, we ...

No comments:
Post a Comment