Thursday, August 6, 2015

A new start

Sometimes I feel like titling my blog "PLEASE PRAY" in all capital letters.  But then I realize that is what every one of these updates is about, you praying with us.

Today feels like my first day in the office after about three months.  In May, I was away for an intense training program for ministry development (see our May posts).  In June and part of July I was sick. That is more than five weeks sick leave!  I have never been so sick so long before.  In July just as I got better, Christy's parents arrived and I was taking half days and working in Hwolshe rather than the office.  Then (drum roll) Mariama was born and I took two weeks paternity leave (and continued working in Hwolshe).

So, today I sit back in the office and pick up new routines.  Also, Christy and I begin new patterns now that we have a new one at home.  It feels almost like a fresh slate.

Actually it isn't quite that calm or simple.  I have immediately been swept up in meetings and planning that I had left undone (I hadn't quite expected that).  And at home I am expecting to be away this evening and all of tomorrow due to the death of a close friend's father.

Thank God:
  * That I am feeling very strong and healthy (though a little tired due to our new sleep schedule).  It has been great to walk as far as I like and carry heavy buckets of water without any negative effect!
  * For so many blessings in Christy's parents visiting us.  (See previous posts)
  * For our little healthy baby girl! (and a healthy Mama)

Please pray with us:
  * That we will establish new patterns that honor God including daily Bible reading (our previous Bible reading plans have been quite disrupted and we really need to get a regular intake of the Word again).
  * That we will be able to start speaking Hausa more in our home.  We want Mariama to learn Hausa!
  * For continued good communication between Christy and me.  Thank God for a relatively smooth transition to having a new little person in the house (all things considered!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...