Friday, May 27, 2016

In the US

Our plane seems to hover over the lakes of Canada, though the screen tells me we are hurling along at nearly the speed of sound (Mach 0.83). This is a bit of a picture of my life right now.  Perhaps you could call it high speed, yet I don't really feel the progress.
"Wait a moment!" You might ask, "Aren't you in Nigeria?" I am almost as surprised as you at the turn of events. A couple of months ago I received an invitation to a small informal meeting with the president of Wycliffe USA, Bob Creson. I almost didn't believe it when I saw the invitation--especially when I saw tucked away in the message that they would pay for everything!
What are the meetings about? Basically Bob Creson wants to invest in the ten of us as leaders. We won't just talk about leadership abstractly though, we will be discussing major issues that affect our organization today. But it won't be formal, like a board meeting or conference. We will actually be meeting in the Cresons' home.
All this is happening at an interesting time. For months I have been wanting to write a blog about what I do on a typical day in the office. In 2013 when I was the survey team leader, I really enjoyed the privilege of leading. However, since we came back last year to lead the Scripture engagement team, I have often felt I am not doing a great job at it. I have learned a lot, but still I often feel ineffective.
Can you please pray:
That I will easily make new friends and a strong relationship with people in our headquarters.
That I will be molded into the leader God wants me to be.

P.S. I plan to worship at World Gospel Church on Sunday (May 29) Thank Godfor this opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...