Monday, November 11, 2013
A Proverb Moment
You know verses like "A rebuke from a friend..." in Proverbs?
While Zach hung one of my dresses over a hanger, he commented on how big it was. I jokingly said:
“Are you saying I’m fat?”
“That is a very bizaare jump of the mind,” he quickly shot back looking at me incredulously. I couldn't control my laughter. He's a Proverbial friend!
If only every husband responded to such ridiculous insecurities with matter of fact, truth shining, I think we women wouldn’t take ourselves so seriously and we’d have more fun just being the beautiful women God made us to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why not include everyone?
Have you ever stopped to wonder if everyone in the room actually understands what is being said? In multilingual countries like Nigeria, we ...
-
You prayed that we would find someone to tell the story in Berom well when we went to the village...Well, God said, "NOPE!" The...
-
Have you ever stopped to wonder if everyone in the room actually understands what is being said? In multilingual countries like Nigeria, we ...
-
I sat in my van heading out of our driveway, car stopped, bird poster on my lap that I had scrambled to retrieve and eagerly observed beaks...
-
I had been saving seats next to me in the crowded auditorium when I realized my friends weren’t going to make it. So I told the usher to ...
No comments:
Post a Comment